[Blend-fluxbox-devel] TODO list

arpinux contact at arpinux.org
Tue Jan 19 13:16:16 UTC 2016

On 19/01/16 13:50, Erik Josefsson wrote:
> On 19/01/16 12:37, arpinux wrote:
>> i know how to maintain a reposoitory, how to build a derivative
>> but never tried on blend.
>
> Sorry to ask a stupid question, but what is the difference between
> building a derivative and maintaining a pre-seeding file?
>
> To me it looks (from a distance) like it's more or less the same
> thing.
>
> I'd also like to know if it could be meaningful to wish: "I would
> love to have Wayland and Fluxbox and whatever packages are needed
> to make those two packages work together, but no other packages" ?
>
>> sorry if i make you loose your time
>
> I want to apologise too! :-)
>
> //Erik

Hi Erik,

yes, put some packages in a list is not hard, that's why i'va asked if
we are allowed to make some meta-packages to improve fluxbox-menu,
flubox-theme etc. if so, i could make such package because that's what
i'm used to : cunstomization and packages organisation. that's what i
do on Debian Derivative.
but just chose which packages will go in the blend, then build it, i
don't know if i can help... nobody needs me to put packages on a list.

i'm not used on blend dev. i've always take my time to start a
project, let it grow slowly... taking my time to think and act at the
end. that's how i work : think before act.
that's why i could easily build a fluxbox Debian Derivative with
crunchbang spirit (i actuaally already did a french release of a light
crunchbang 2 years ago...) but i really don't see how to help on this
blend project... i'm n00b here, i said it before, so if main devs
wants the blend to be ready as soon as possible, i must say that i
can't follow the rythm, i have to learn how Debian dev work before ;)