[Blend-fluxbox-devel] brainstorming

Stephan Foley foley12723 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 04:44:40 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 2:05 PM, arpinux <contact at arpinux.org> wrote:

> of course, the no-recommends option should be by default in apt
> configuration and sysnaptic preferences as well.
> this method avoid unecessary software but ask for more work on
> packages choice. the easyest way to do is to list recommends packages
> of each package included by default, to check if one should be
> included too.
> more time, but a package selection more precise.

Thanks for this reply. We should put this right on top of the TODO
that we are installing with "no-recommends" and then list out
recommends somewhere else for at least xorg, lightdm and fluxbox and
see what we don't need.

> i've discovered crunchbang on the very begining, in Corenominal's blog
> in december 2007 and started the crunchbang-fr adventure by editing
> the french wiki, conky documentation, openbox customization etc...
> so if you plan to crunchbangize a Debian FluxBox ... i'm with you !! :D

Wow...that's quite a history! I'm all for a Cruchbang version of
Debian, but I think Denis is a bit more skeptical of this idea. At the
end of the day, I think Cruchbang's influence will be felt, especially
in giving the user an easy install of Fluxbox that's solid, good
looking and will work for the next five years without worrying.

> never had contact with Slitaz dev team but yes, it's a very good light
> distro.

Slitaz's developers are very funny. They used to offer a "live cookin"
daily version. I want to ask them to join our project, but they are
not based on Debian.