[Blend-fluxbox-devel] brainstorming

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Jan 15 21:45:50 UTC 2016

Quoting Stephan Foley (2016-01-15 09:56:36)
> Debian is for the tech-savvy sys admin user and server market...it is
> not Ubuntu. So we want to appeal to them.

I disagree: Debian is the universal operating system.  Ubuntu and
Trisquel users are also Debian users.

We need not appeal to _all_ users of Debian, but we need not limit
ourselves to tech-savvy users either.

> On the other hand, part of the reason we are developing this is for
> thin client environments...for example students in a classroom
> connected to a main servers.

Right: Not only tech-savvy users appreciate an extremely lightweight
environment.

Another usecase wase suggested to me today (here in Kerala, Sout India
where I am currently visiting the hackerspace "KEK"): Users forced to
run Windows at work and using a proper OS via VirtualBox.

 - Jonas