[Blend-fluxbox-devel] brainstorming

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sat Jan 16 06:40:27 UTC 2016

Quoting Stephan Foley (2016-01-16 07:45:26)
> Hi Jonas,
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> > Quoting Stephan Foley (2016-01-15 09:56:36)
> >> On the other hand, part of the reason we are developing this is for
> >> thin client environments...for example students in a classroom
> >> connected to a main servers.
> >
> > Right: Not only tech-savvy users appreciate an extremely lightweight
> > environment.
>
> This, of course, is the problem that tech-savvy people develop systems
> and expect everyone else to be tech-savvy as well.
>
> I really think we need to recruit some end users to join our group and
> participate.

To me "end users" means "users at the end of the production line" -
a.k.a. "consumers".  We probably won't attract non-tech-savvy users to
our team by framing them as such!

I recommend to *not* wait for any particular team members to arrive, but
do our best to create the blend for the userbase we envision and then
hope that others within that targeted userbase feels attracted to both
use it and help develop it.

 - Jonas