[Blend-fluxbox-devel] Current status?

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon May 2 07:15:14 UTC 2016

Quoting Ozi Traveller (2016-05-02 03:22:25)
> Hi Jonas
>
> DIY-debian and Star-Livinia are 2 separate streams, but both based on
> debian jessie.

> Ah, ok.

[skipping parts irrelevant for this project]

> Star-Livinia is still a minimal with a small selection of applications
> for xfce, openbox, fluxbox, jwm. I have not published the scripts to
> make the Livinia images.
> Star-Genesis is based on debian wheezy.

Seems my comments below still apply, then (except for getting the
project name slightly wrong - sorry!), as the explorative work should be
doable only using the binary ISO.

> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
>> It would be quite interesting to try adopt as much as possible from
>> above live-build based project into this Debian Pure Blend¹ project.
>>
>> Some things - like inclusion of non-free parts by default, or the
>> storage optimizations using squashfs, cannot be integrated with
>> Debian, but package selections, menu compositions, localizations and
>> more can.
>>
>> What is needed next is not coding, but a) exploring Livinia, b)
>> comparing it with a plain Debian system, c) document how they differ,
>> d) try break differences into as small as possible chunks, and e) try
>> isolate the files (preferrably source but binary parts also helpful)
>> for each chunk.
>>
>> Anyone wants to help with that?

@Mike, are you perhaps interested in closer look at Star-Livinia?

 - Jonas