[Bootcd-user] RE: bootcd recognize CDROM drive

SCHUMACHER,BERND (HP-Germany,ex1) bernd.schumacher@hp.com
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:07:09 +0100

Hi

for this to work you could use initrd. Because I do not use initrd
personally I only try to make sure that initrd is working without any
special features (bootcdmkinitrd).

But you could build a script which runs in initrd. This script would have to
test every possible CDROM Device for a special file which is only on a
bootcd. I think this is the way how knoppix works. So you could look at
knoppix for an example.

If anybody would build such a skript, we could include it in the Debian
Package bootcdmkinitrd.

Bernd