[Bootcd-user] RE: bootcd recognize CDROM drive

Thomas Krennwallner djmaecki@ull.at
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:17:20 +0100

--FxavXfDenm+F7xE/

Hi!

On Fri Dec 12, 2003 at 11:07:09AM +0100, Bernd Schumacher wrote:
> for this to work you could use initrd. Because I do not use initrd
> personally I only try to make sure that initrd is working without any
> special features (bootcdmkinitrd).=20
>=20
> But you could build a script which runs in initrd. This script would
> have to test every possible CDROM Device for a special file which is
> only on a bootcd. I think this is the way how knoppix works. So you
> could look at knoppix for an example.
>=20
> If anybody would build such a skript, we could include it in the
> Debian Package bootcdmkinitrd.

I'm looking forward to hack such script in the xmas holidays (if I get
the time).

Maybe someone can help me testing it? I will post it on bootcd-user.

So long
Thomas

--=20
 .''`.  Obviously we do not want to leave zombies around. - W. R. Stevens
: :'  : Thomas Krennwallner <djmaecki at ull dot at>
`. `'`  1024D/67A1DA7B 9484 D99D 2E1E 4E02 5446  DAD9 FF58 4E59 67A1 DA7B
  `-    http://bigfish.ull.at/~djmaecki/

--FxavXfDenm+F7xE/

--FxavXfDenm+F7xE/--