[Bootcd-user] Is there a way to squeeze the entire ISO into memory?

thomas pinkerton tzp1034@hotmail.com
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:33:45 +0000

Hi,

Nice work! I got a working bootable cd within a few minutes of playing
around with bootcd. This is definately the answer for a lot of custom apps.

Anyway, I would like to make a boot cd that is able to:
1) boot from the cd drive
2) copy ALL of the filesystem into a ramdrive
3) unmount the cd drive
4) then burn information to a blank CD on the same CD Drive that it
previously booted from

Is there a way to do this with bootcd?

So far I have a very stripped down install that takes up only ~80-100 MB (no
frills like X..., but I could probably make it even smaller)
Is it as simple as altering the bootcd script to copy the other directories
like /bin and /lib as well as the ones it already copies like /home and
/tmp?  Then just do a pivot_root to the ramdrive or something?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Thomas