Some more docs for bts-link

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Sun Feb 1 14:02:47 UTC 2009

Hi Olivier,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 18:55, Olivier Berger
<olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> I've pushed quite some more docs into :
> http://git.debian.org/?p=users/olberger-guest/bts-link.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/moredocs

I've just given that a look, and below a simple report

> I hope these will be useful... although I've not always been as
> pythonistic as may be.

Well, I don't know what others think, but I believe using docstrings
in a python project is the way to go for code documentation.

They are really really easy (it's about to add a multiline phrase
right after the function/class definitions, have a look at [1]). I
could "convert" your comments in docstrings, but I think it's better
if you could do this :)

[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0257/

> Again, I hope I didn't make so many mistakes, as my local git branches
> were a bit of a mess...

:)

one think for sure you'd like to do is a rebase on the current remote
master branch. with the commit of newforges there are a lot of
conflicts you'd like to handle.

There are some files you might want to .gitignore: .project
.pydevproject doxygen.cfg

I'd leave changes to BtsSpoolReport class and _parsefile method (and
any other code changes) to another branch, not in the doc one, since
they're not documentational

Don't commit your btslink.cfg, since the one on the git repo is to be
used to run bts-link on merkel.

Don't get me wrong, Olivier, I'd be more than happy to merge doc
enhancement, and I'll do once they'll be ok :)

Cheers,