Best way to handle SourceForge short urls

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Fri Feb 13 00:21:18 UTC 2009

Hi all,
in the last couple of runs of bts-link I noticed many errors (~40) like this:

E: pkg=lincity, bug=486597, msg=Parse error:
[http://sf.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1001813] SourceForge: atid key
is missing

I'm wondering what's the best solution is to those urls.

If you cut&paste the url in a browser, it got redirected to the right url:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1001813&group_id=33390&atid=408086

that contains aid, group_id and atid.

So, should remote/sourceforge.py be smart and "let the url be
redirected" and then parse it? should this support be done for all the
bts links? should we reforward "by hand" all those short urls to the
"extended" one? Share your thoughts!! :D

Cheers,