Best way to handle SourceForge short urls

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Fri Feb 13 08:30:36 UTC 2009

Le vendredi 13 février 2009 à 01:21 +0100, Sandro Tosi a écrit :
> Hi all,
> in the last couple of runs of bts-link I noticed many errors (~40) like this:
>
> E: pkg=lincity, bug=486597, msg=Parse error:
> [http://sf.net/support/tracker.php?aid=1001813] SourceForge: atid key
> is missing
>
> I'm wondering what's the best solution is to those urls.
>
> If you cut&paste the url in a browser, it got redirected to the right url:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1001813&group_id=33390&atid=408086
>
> that contains aid, group_id and atid.

I'm not sure it's worth following the link for the moment, if the aid is
sufficient. The rest probably provides a hint of the bug's project...
but I'm not sure we care in bts-link.

> So, should remote/sourceforge.py be smart and "let the url be
> redirected" and then parse it? should this support be done for all the
> bts links? should we reforward "by hand" all those short urls to the
> "extended" one? Share your thoughts!! :D

I think I have completed a quick fix for that one by only asking for aid
as a mandatory parameter (see attached patch)

It seems to solve the problems at least when run here.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC