About bts-link's remote/ as standalone python package?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Jan 1 01:37:05 UTC 2009

Hi Olivier,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with some other projects.
Trying to deal with my list of pending emails is one of my new-years
resolutions so here goes :-)

Am Donnerstag, den 27.11.2008, 11:03 +0100 schrieb Olivier Berger:
> Le mardi 25 novembre 2008 à 14:56 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij a écrit :
> > Hi Olivier,
> >
> > Am Montag, den 24.11.2008, 14:01 +0100 schrieb Olivier Berger:
> >  - but it's ready to be used for
> > simple access of bug reports in remote bug trackers.
> Cool. I'll have to test it and see if I may switch to that branch
> instead of the master one (I initially missed it when I cloned the
> repo). I'll probably get back to you then ;)
Have you tried this yet?

> > The idea has always been to make the remotebts support into a separate
> > project. I'll see if I can put it up on one of the git hosting sites
> > this week.
> Very interesting. Please keep bts-link's list posted of your progress.
Will do. I haven't had the time to do this yet, but hope to get to it
RSN.

> > > We are considering basing some work on bts-link too for work on > >
>  bugtracker synchronisation (for the HELIOS project : > >
>  http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2008/11/03/adding-gforge-bugtracker-support-in-bts-link/
>  ), so better not reinvent the wheel too much ;). > Ah, nice. It would
>  definitely be nice to join forces working on this. FYI, we've also
>  just talked to people interested in implementing some RDF store of
>  bugs harvested from bugzilla, in the frame of a European project, and
>  I guess the results may end up in being included in some KDE desktop's
>  technology... I think they planed to code that in Python.
> So I expect we'll be able to synchronise these efforts in some way, and
> that it may result in some interesting libs and results.
>
> I'll try to keep the list posted of the progress.
Thanks.

I'll likely be visiting the Paris area in the next couple of months for
another meeting, but I should be able to meet up to discuss BTS'es as
well.

Cheers,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org