About bts-link's remote/ as standalone python package?

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Jan 5 10:14:23 UTC 2009

Le jeudi 01 janvier 2009 à 02:37 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij a écrit :
> Hi Olivier,
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with some other projects.
> Trying to deal with my list of pending emails is one of my new-years
> resolutions so here goes :-)

Best wishes for 2009 !

> Am Donnerstag, den 27.11.2008, 11:03 +0100 schrieb Olivier Berger:
> > Le mardi 25 novembre 2008 à 14:56 +0100, Jelmer Vernooij a écrit :
> > > Hi Olivier,
> > >
> > > Am Montag, den 24.11.2008, 14:01 +0100 schrieb Olivier Berger:
> > >  - but it's ready to be used for
> > > simple access of bug reports in remote bug trackers.
> > Cool. I'll have to test it and see if I may switch to that branch
> > instead of the master one (I initially missed it when I cloned the
> > repo). I'll probably get back to you then ;)
> Have you tried this yet?

I had started, but didn't go much far... I've been busy trying other
things around bugs... but still very much interested, and will work on
the subject for the next 12 months ;)

> > > The idea has always been to make the remotebts support into a separate
> > > project. I'll see if I can put it up on one of the git hosting sites
> > > this week.
> > Very interesting. Please keep bts-link's list posted of your progress.
> Will do. I haven't had the time to do this yet, but hope to get to it
> RSN.

OK, I'd be happy to hear from your progress.

> >  bugtracker synchronisation (for the HELIOS project : > >
> >  http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/weblog/2008/11/03/adding-gforge-bugtracker-support-in-bts-link/
> >  ), so better not reinvent the wheel too much ;). > Ah, nice. It would
> >  definitely be nice to join forces working on this. FYI, we've also
> >  just talked to people interested in implementing some RDF store of
> >  bugs harvested from bugzilla, in the frame of a European project, and
> >  I guess the results may end up in being included in some KDE desktop's
> >  technology... I think they planed to code that in Python.
> > So I expect we'll be able to synchronise these efforts in some way, and
> > that it may result in some interesting libs and results.
> >
> > I'll try to keep the list posted of the progress.
> Thanks.

I suppose you've also seen the different discussions concerning Python
and debbugs or bugtrackers in general... I think this would benefit
bts-link in any case.

> I'll likely be visiting the Paris area in the next couple of months for
> another meeting, but I should be able to meet up to discuss BTS'es as
> well.

Cool. Tell me when you have a schedule, so that we can arrange a
meeting.

Regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>