Tracing bugs between distro's bugtrackers - Was: Re: Help bts-link be a more effective tool

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Jan 19 09:46:11 UTC 2009

Le lundi 19 janvier 2009 à 07:12 +0100, Christian Perrier a écrit :
> Quoting Bastien ROUCARIES (roucaries.bastien at gmail.com):
> >
> > I really useful stuff will be to use user tag in order to crossref
> > another distrib bugzilla. For instance some bug are fixed on redhat
> > like #506180 but not upstream.
> > It will allow to automatize retrieval of information.
>

> Apparently, Launchpad has something like this, which is, for instance,
> used to reference bugs also reported in Debian. We found this fairly
> useful, recently, for Samba.

Any idea if they have some common interchange format for their
bugs ? ... there looked like ideas about RDF export in the REST
interface of launchpad... but that was not operational last tieme I've
checked :(

I'd be curious to see how such links between launchpad and debbugs would
be represented, then.

> However, such feature should probably be included in the BTS itself
> (new tag or something).

And :
> FYI, that's the kind of features we're working on in the HELIOS
> project
> (more details here :
> https://picoforge.int-evry.fr/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Helios_wp3/Web ).

[...]

> We're currently trying to evaluate work that has been conducted by
> others in the Nepomuk project to find if ontologies and RDF are
> interesting to allow the representation of such meta-data about bugs
> and
> links between bugs in standard format.

Oh, I forgot to mention, that we're more or less planing to work with
Mandriva people (who worked for that Nepomuk-related bug store
prototype) in Helios... so I hope we'll be able to provide more links
between Mandriva bugs and Debian bugs (and upstream bugs).

There would be some need for inter-distro work here, maybe... any ideas
on where to discuss that much welcome ;)

Regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 1024D/6B829EEC