bts-link bugtracker ?

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Tue Mar 3 09:53:00 UTC 2009

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:42, Olivier Berger
<olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> Le mardi 03 mars 2009 à 10:32 +0100, Sandro Tosi a écrit :
>> Hi Olivier,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 10:20, Olivier Berger
>> <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
>> > Hi.
>> >
>> > What about a bts-link bugtracker to be able to identify who's doing
>> > what, and diminish risks of overlap ?
>> >
>> > I have a couple issues I think I've fixed, and then maybe it would be
>> > better to track such tasks in an alioth tracker ?
>> >
>> > Ideas ?
>>
>> Some time ago I asked (#513644) for a bts-link pseudo package to
>> report bug against, both from users, and both from us like a tracker,
>> and Don suggested to use bugs.d.o (since they will be intergrated,
>> some times), with tags, to report bugs: do you think it's something we
>> could use to track our effort and announc someone is working on
>> something?
>
> Either way would be fine.
>
> Maybe mixing bts-link bugs/tasks with debbugs bugs/tasks may lead to
> having to do more efforts to filter each group, but otherwise, no
> problem.

That's where usertags comes to the rescue: of course with some
co-ordination with Don, we can define our own usertag (to tag our
bugs) and the filter only those one.

>> I think than we'll have to changed the post-commit git hook to close
>> bugs if they are referenced in the commit msg.
>
> Well... I'm not sure bts-link development follows a strict practice
> which can allow us to automate... any examples of such practices already
> in action ?

I mean something like: " if 'Closes: #nnnnnn' is in the commit msg,
then close that bug", qa.debian.org has a svn commit hook that does it
(maybe even other).

Cheers,