Student project on bts-link (Semantic / Linked data interface)

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu
Thu Oct 8 11:56:01 UTC 2015

Hi.

FYI, I have proposed a project on bts-link, for a masters-level class
here at Telecom SudParis, where students have to work on a development
project.

The goal of the project should be to create a new interface for/ou-of
bts-link that allows to represent the relations between debian bugs and
remote bugs as Linked Data. The goal is that information is not only
sent by mail and captured by the BTS, but also available for machines
(humans) willing to consume it, through standards-based meta-data (RDF
and Linked Data + ontologies).

This should help complement previous efforts [0] on interlinking
resources of development projects between different platforms and
projects [1].

Hopefully, if the students make their way to the different challenges
ahead, this may also bring some fixes or improvements to the core of
bts-link.

Feel free to ask for more details.

Best regards,

P.S.: in te meantime, I'm reviewing the code and docs, and pushing a few
bits on the way ;-)

[0] http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/papier-oss2013/
[1] http://www-public.telecom-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/IJOSSP-2010-2/IJOSSP.html
--