Student project on bts-link (Semantic / Linked data interface)

Sandro Tosi sandro.tosi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 12:10:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Olivier Berger
<olivier.berger at telecom-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> FYI, I have proposed a project on bts-link, for a masters-level class
> here at Telecom SudParis, where students have to work on a development
> project.
>
> The goal of the project should be to create a new interface for/ou-of
> bts-link that allows to represent the relations between debian bugs and
> remote bugs as Linked Data. The goal is that information is not only
> sent by mail and captured by the BTS, but also available for machines
> (humans) willing to consume it, through standards-based meta-data (RDF
> and Linked Data + ontologies).
>
> This should help complement previous efforts [0] on interlinking
> resources of development projects between different platforms and
> projects [1].

is this something that will add code to bts-link? if so, who will
maintain that part of the code once this project is done?

> Hopefully, if the students make their way to the different challenges
> ahead, this may also bring some fixes or improvements to the core of
> bts-link.

I'm re-thinking how bts-link should look in the future, so please talk
to me before spending too much time re-engineering/coding on bts-link

> Feel free to ask for more details.
>
> Best regards,
>
> P.S.: in te meantime, I'm reviewing the code and docs, and pushing a few
> bits on the way ;-)

please let me review them before merge them to master

Regards,