[Buildd-tools-devel] CVS access and other bits

Francesco Paolo Lovergine frankie@debian.org
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 20:24:54 +0200

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 03:30:42PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I just subscribed to the list.  I've been using sbuild and friends for
> quite a while now, and if it's OK, I'd like to get a little involved
> in the project.
>
> Is there any public CVS/svn/arch repository you use?  I saw a CVS Id
> in sbuild.conf, but alioth doesn't show any CVS use.

Yes, it's there as a module buildd-tools.

> I'll have a look at implementing $chroot_mode (#310863) later this
> week, if possible.

That's nice.

> Longer term, do you plan on packaging the rest of wanna-build, buildd
> etc.  The last time I checked, the diff between your sbuild and
> wanna-build CVS was only slightly different, but things may have
> changed.

Yes, it's also an idea. For sure, w-b sbuild has a bit different
requirements and goals, so we (maybe) should preserve its features
and try being compatible. BTW, I dunno how ftpmasters are interested
in a common (and shared) set of tools, indeed. So that could be a
total waste of time.

> Lastly, a stupid luser question: I've set up an experimental chroot.
> This has apt sources for both unstable and experimental, but sbuild
> isn't installing experimental build-deps.  I've added this to
> /etc/apt/preferences (in the chroot):
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=unstable
> Pin-Priority: 900
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=experimental
> Pin-Priority: 900
>
> and running apt-get in the chroot does the right thing, but sbuild
> still gets it wrong.  Have I missed something obvious?  I intend to
> use this for experimental autobuilding, as well as with manual sbuild
> usage.

AFAIK, the problem is that sbuild merely does not run a simple
chroot, but try to use a quasi-jailed dpkg-buildpackage which indeed
does not work properly (almost surely for a dpkg bug). If you have
a look to the brief list archive and bts backlog, you will know why...

--
Francesco P. Lovergine