[Buildd-tools-devel] CVS access and other bits

Roger Leigh rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Sat, 04 Jun 2005 22:45:09 +0100

Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 03:30:42PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I just subscribed to the list.  I've been using sbuild and friends for
>> quite a while now, and if it's OK, I'd like to get a little involved
>> in the project.
>>
>> Is there any public CVS/svn/arch repository you use?  I saw a CVS Id
>> in sbuild.conf, but alioth doesn't show any CVS use.
>>

> Yes, it's there as a module buildd-tools.

Thanks; I've now checked it out.

>> Lastly, a stupid luser question: I've set up an experimental chroot.
>> This has apt sources for both unstable and experimental, but sbuild
>> isn't installing experimental build-deps.  I've added this to
>> /etc/apt/preferences (in the chroot):
>>
>> Package: *
>> Pin: release a=unstable
>> Pin-Priority: 900
>>
>> Package: *
>> Pin: release a=experimental
>> Pin-Priority: 900
>>
>> and running apt-get in the chroot does the right thing, but sbuild
>> still gets it wrong.  Have I missed something obvious?  I intend to
>> use this for experimental autobuilding, as well as with manual sbuild
>> usage.
>>

> AFAIK, the problem is that sbuild merely does not run a simple
> chroot, but try to use a quasi-jailed dpkg-buildpackage which indeed
> does not work properly (almost surely for a dpkg bug). If you have
> a look to the brief list archive and bts backlog, you will know why...

This certainly looks like an apt bug (using the host prefs).  So is
there any way to set up an experimental chroot with sbuild as it
stands?  If not, $chroot_mode should solve this, if all apt/dpkg
operations are handled inside the chroot.

Regards,
Roger

- --
Roger Leigh