[Buildd-tools-devel] CVS access and other bits

Roger Leigh rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:49:28 +0100

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 01:39:00PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:

[schroot]
> I've now written manual pages and properly autoconfiscated it, in
> addition to making the source much cleaner.
>=20
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/schroot-0.1.0.tar.bz2

Final 0.1.0 release is here:

http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/schroot/

This includes Debian packaging and full documentation (user docs
and API reference).

> What I'd like to do here is
>=20
> 1) make sbuild use schroot as an alternative to sudo (when configured
>    to with $chroot_mode).
> 2) Remove the requirement for the stable/testing/unstable symlinks in
>    ~/build.  schroot can give sbuild a complete listing of all the
>    available chroots, and can enforce access restrictions and do
>    authentication as required.  This will make sbuild far safer on
>    multiuser systems.  The symlinks can be kept for
>    backwards-compatibility, of course.

Any comments on this?

Also, do you have any comments on whether you would like this in
sbuild CVS, or as a standalone package?  I currently have this
in Arch, but it's easy to drop into CVS should you want it.  It's
entirely your choice--I'm happy either way.

Regards,
Roger

--=20
Roger Leigh
                GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848.  Please sign and encrypt your m=
ail.

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v--