[Buildd-tools-devel] CVS access and other bits

Francesco P. Lovergine frankie@debian.org
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:27:14 +0200

On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 06:49:28PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 01:39:00PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
>
> [schroot]
> > I've now written manual pages and properly autoconfiscated it, in
> > addition to making the source much cleaner.
> >
> > http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/schroot-0.1.0.tar.bz2
>
> Final 0.1.0 release is here:
>
> http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/schroot/
>
> This includes Debian packaging and full documentation (user docs
> and API reference).
>
> > What I'd like to do here is
> >
> > 1) make sbuild use schroot as an alternative to sudo (when configured
> >    to with $chroot_mode).
> > 2) Remove the requirement for the stable/testing/unstable symlinks in
> >    ~/build.  schroot can give sbuild a complete listing of all the
> >    available chroots, and can enforce access restrictions and do
> >    authentication as required.  This will make sbuild far safer on
> >    multiuser systems.  The symlinks can be kept for
> >    backwards-compatibility, of course.
>
> Any comments on this?

Both things are fine for me.

> Also, do you have any comments on whether you would like this in
> sbuild CVS, or as a standalone package?  I currently have this
> in Arch, but it's easy to drop into CVS should you want it.  It's
> entirely your choice--I'm happy either way.

If the idea is using it with sbuild I would add a new module on sbuild
cvs and store the whole stuff there. Next step will be uploading the
package as NEW and adding dependency on it for sbuild (that's after
adding a working true-chroot mode to sbuild).

--
Francesco P. Lovergine