[Buildd-tools-devel] How to work with buildd

nirupama rout nayanarout1233 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Oct 11 11:27:20 UTC 2006

hello all

We have developed an os based on debian packages.Now we want to support the community and users by providing our packages.

We want to setup our own repository ie server with all packages.I want to know what tool I can use to keep my repository updated as of debian ie as and when the upstream repository updates any package my repository should also get updated.

I also want to have an automated tool for the package compilation.

The extract is ,Is there any automatied tool for package updation and package compilation together for the server.The package compilation I mean is, I should be able to add my required name to the package as ubuntu does to the upstream package.

is buildd the option?If yes how can I start with it?Any good documentation is available ?