[Buildd-tools-devel] sbuild 0.54

Martin Koeppe mkoeppe at gmx.de
Sun May 27 10:33:45 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I just read the changelog for sbuild 0.54 and was affrighted to see
that sudo support has been removed! I'm porting Debian to a new
architecture (interix) with the help of sbuild and currently don't
have schroot available for various reasons. So I used the sudo
configuration. Indeed I don't need a real sudo (I run sbuild as root
anyway and use $sudo = "/bin/sh -c"), but I need the possibility to
run apt-get from outside the chroot. Also the su call to check the
needed space wouldn't be needed in my case as I am root already. (I
removed the "su" for my use and call du directly.)

Another wishlist item: purging the build directory should be doable
not only after the build, but also right before the build. I sometimes
like to look at the build dir afterwards, so I configured to "never"
purge. But when building a new version, one needs to remember to purge
the old build manually first.

Thanks for consideration

Martin