[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot unionfs support

Tim Abbott tabbott at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 13 17:55:49 UTC 2009

Hello,

I've been using the schroot unionfs support from [1] in one of the
production environments that I run for around 6 months now, and I've found
it to be much more pleasant than the LVM snapshot backend.  The biggest
benefits I've seen are much better parallel performance (creating an LVM
snapshot takes a few seconds, and is not parallelizable) and much less
disk is wasted when one leaks a chroot by failing to run "schroot -e".

I was thinking about doing the work to update the original patch to
current schroot master and include the fixes that Waseem mentioned in his
post [2] so that this functionality can be merged.

But I thought I'd send mail first to inquire whether the work is already
being done.

	Regards,
	-Tim Abbott

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/buildd-tools-devel/2008-January/001964.html