[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot unionfs support

Tim Abbott tabbott at MIT.EDU
Wed Mar 18 18:20:01 UTC 2009

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:

> Never thought anyone except me is using it in production :-)
>
> > I was thinking about doing the work to update the original patch to
> > current schroot master and include the fixes that Waseem mentioned in his
> > post [2] so that this functionality can be merged.
>
> I already have a (giant) patch for schroot and sbuild, which make
> fs-union a "chroot-options" class inheriting from chroot_source and
> basically makes allmost all real chroot classes inherit from it.
>
> I'm unsing it with directory and loopback chroots, but it should work with
> block devices too.
>
> I have attached an archive with the new files, the git diffs and the git
> status files (schroot--sbuild.tar.bz2).
>
> As a quick overview check the attached changes-file.
>
> Actually next weekend I planned to split this stuff into git commits, but
> since I'm leaving next week for a two months holiday to Canada, I'm not
> sure I'll manage it.

Thanks for the update.  It sounds like you've already done almost all of
the work for making this mergable.  I'll plan to test this current version
with my setup tomorrow and report back on whether I run into any issues.

	Regards,
	-Tim Abbott