[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot unionfs support

Tim Abbott tabbott at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 20 03:18:40 UTC 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009, Tim Abbott wrote:

> Thanks for the update.  It sounds like you've already done almost all of
> the work for making this mergable.  I'll plan to test this current version
> with my setup tomorrow and report back on whether I run into any issues.

This version of schroot basically works in my environment.  The one
problem that I had was that the aufs mount options didn't work my setting,
in particular, the ",udba=inotify" option in the branch configuration
causes aufs mounting to not work (output below).

If one removes the "udba=inotify", then schroot works.  From the
documentation I get the impression that "udba=inotify" tries to protect a
chroot from having problems if one changes the source chroot, so we may
want to figure out what's actually going on here.  Jan-Marek, is this
issue familiar to you?

	-Tim Abbott

tabbott at coset:/tmp/modules/aufs$ schroot -c lenny-i386
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
lenny-i386-e3a487a4-d0f8-4289-a384-22e3eaf5b629,
       (for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
       need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
       dmesg | tail  or so

Mounting filesystem union failed
E: lenny-i386-e3a487a4-d0f8-4289-a384-22e3eaf5b629: Chroot setup failed: stage=setup-start
tabbott at coset

/var/log/dmesg gets the following:
[30658.919026] aufs au_opts_parse:974:mount[2561]: wrong value, udba=inotify