[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot unionfs support

Tim Abbott tabbott at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 24 14:42:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Mar 2009, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009, Roger Leigh wrote:
>
> > I have applied both sets of changes to the fs-union branch of
> >   git://git.debian.org/users/rleigh/schroot.git
>
> Fails for me with
>
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

Hmm, I get this too at present, it's a small problem with Roger's
repository setup.  It's not fatal; just cd into the new clone and run

git checkout -b <your branch name> origin/fs-union

and you'll get a local branch on top of Roger's current branch.

> > However, I can't merge these two huge changes into the master
> > branch without splitting them up into their constituent small
> > changes so that they can be applied incrementally as well as
> > being throughly reviewed.
>
> I've found some time this weekend and almost finished splitting up my
> patch into reviewable chunks. I have a longer railway trip tomorrow, so
> I hope to finish it in the train.
>
> BTW - is there an easy way to change a patch in the local git history?
> I want to move a patch chunk from one to an other.
>
> I did it once with a branch, reset HEAD~1 and then cherry picking all
> other patches, but I thought there might be something faster.

The tool that you want is "git rebase --interactive".

	-Tim Abbott