[buildd-tools-devel] Building java packages with sbuild.

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sun May 30 22:37:34 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 01:50:05PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> since openjdk-6 version 6b18-1.8-0ubuntu1, uploaded in Debian as 6b18-1.8-1,
> configuration of openjdk-6-jre-headless and ca-certificates-java fail if /proc
> is not mounted.
>
> On my default sbuild installation, proc is indeed not mounted and I can not use
> it anymore to prepare my uploads that build-depend on openjdk-6-jre-headless.
> Since no bug has been reported against sbuild, I wonder how other people are
> working around this problem. Have I missed something obvious?

Hi,

Are you using sbuild with sudo or schroot ($chroot_mode in
sbuild.conf)?

If you're using sudo, the chroot setup is entirely down to you, and
you need to make sure /proc, /sys etc. are mounted e.g. in your
fstab.  sudo isn't recommended nowadays, though; schroot is much
more flexible.

If you're using schroot, /proc will be automatically mounted for all
chroot types except "plain", which is exactly like sudo: you need to
set it up yourself.  For all other chroot types, e.g. directory,
lvm-snapshot etc., /proc will be automatically mounted (unless you
deliberately remove it from the mount-defaults file).

Hope this helped; if not, do let me know.  If you're using schroot,
the output of 'schroot --config <chroot>' and/or 'schroot --info'
will be useful to let us know about your setup.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh