[buildd-tools-devel] gdm3: FTBFS ("`+' is an invalid character in a configuration, storage address")

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Thu Apr 5 11:52:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 12:02:39PM +0100, peter green wrote:
> >gdm3 FTBFS (when rebuilt against a newer CDBS to pick up hardening
> >flags); from the amd64 build log:
>
> To clarify the actual issue is that gdm3 FTBFS when there is a + in
> the name of the build directory because the build process tries to
> set a gconf config dir under the build directory and gconf doesn't
> like directory names containing +.

My opinion on this is that this is a package bug.  Its path handling
should not be so fragile.

WRT the long paths used by sbuild, this is something I've changed but
has not yet been picked up by the buildd version.  It would be good
to get the buildds using a more recent sbuild for this and quite a
few other improvements, but it still need more work and testing.
However, the new versions still use a temporary directory starting
with the package name--and this could still contain a "+" symbol in
the random part, so IMO the package should be fixed here.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh