[buildd-tools-devel] BinNMU changelog handling for Multi-Arch: same packages

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jul 11 18:45:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012, Russ Allbery wrote:
> I don't think it's mandatory that we save the information, but it
> certainly would be nice.  I'd like apt-listchanges to show me the binary
> NMU changelog.  I've used that information before on the local system, and
> that's a lot more convenient than going to the web and trying to do
> archeology on what happened.
>
> Saving the binary NMU changelog in a separate file feels like the right
> solution to me.

The right *temporary* solution then. Remember that this was meant as an
intermediary solution until the full changelog (with the bin-nmu entry)
is just integrated in the package medata (control.tar).

But it's true that it might require more than a cycle until we're there so
it's probably best to not drop this information, even if it's only a
temporary measure.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/