[buildd-tools-devel] buildd fails to start

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Sat May 18 00:30:58 UTC 2013

Roger Leigh wrote:
> The actual cause of the failure isn't shown above; we successfully
> open the log and seek to the end (which is 0 since it's empty).
> Is there anything in the daemon.log?

There was a file not found error in there, thanks (unfortunately I
didn't record exactly what was in there before deleting the file to try
a fresh attempt).

It seems I screwed up and created a buildd user before installing buildd
and this prevented the buildd user from being created with the proper
homedir.

I purged buildd, deleted the user I created and then reinstalled buildd
and recreated the config (I tried to backup the config before purging
but I made a bad choice of name for the backup and destroyed it :( ) and
tried again. Unfortunatley it now fails to start with.

Error reading configuration: Can't use an undefined value as a HASH
reference at /usr/share/perl5/Sbuild/ConfBase.pm line 83.

Any ideas on that failure?

Thanks for helping.