[buildd-tools-devel] Suggesting RFH bug for sbuild

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Sat Sep 20 00:11:23 UTC 2014

+++ Bálint Réczey [2014-09-01 17:34 +0200]:
> Hi Geoffrey,

> > I did a scan through all the bugs with patches yesterday, and I'm planning
> > to do a team upload later this week, once I get some sleep post-Debconf. :)
> > I think most of the outstanding patches are fine. #613903 and #710167
> > require further work, but expect to see all the rest fixed in the next
> > upload.
> >
> > If you have time to help with patch review for any of the outstanding bugs
> > with patches, that would be awesome.
> Sure, I will check back after the next upload, but the motivation for
> writing my previous email was finding people who would be interested
> in regular contribution to the package, because I alone can't make a
> real difference here IMO. There are plenty of bugs to triage after the
> patches are accepted.

I use sbuild a lot and am interested in keeping it in a good state.
I've finaly worked out how to make my git changes stick so I can
actually upload things.

I'm currently very interested in having #608840 (Setup-commands run as
root), #731798 (build profiles) and adding multiarch build-dep support
so we can use these in Jessie. I've just uploaded a multiarch
build-dep topic branch and will do branches for build-profiles and
command-updates shortly.

I intend to do an upload in the next few days, so if there is anything
else simple that should obviouslybe included please shout. Geoffrey -
if you have done work too, lets compare notes.

I note that 760991 also adds more hook commands and is trivial apart
from deciding on what best names are so I propose to merge that with
608840/607228.

Regarding that last bug-pair. My existing patch changes
--chroot-setup-commands to --chroot-user-setup-commands, which will
break existing scripts that use it. Do we think it would be better to
leave this unchanged and simply add --chroot-system-setup-commands? I
like the consistency of my patch (having --chroot-user-setup-commands
and --chroot-system-setup-commands), but backwards compatibility is
perhaps more important here?

Or alternatively just run --chroot-setup-commands as root, in line
with the other setup/cleanup command, and thus have no command run as
user instead of root? I still don't know what the use-case is for the
run-as-sbuild-user setup command.

If this is at all controversial I'll just upload sbuild with the
multiarch-build fix, build-profile support, and anything else is
generally agreed should go in.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/