chrpath 0.16 changes for Solaris support

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Jan 17 09:15:24 UTC 2014

[Rainer Orth]
> I've just tried to build chrpath 0.16 on Solaris 10/x86 since our
> currently installed version 0.13 cannot deal with 64-bit objects.  Doing
> so, I ran into one problem:
>
> protos.h unconditionally includes <byteswap.h>, which seems to be a
> Linuxism and is certainly missing on Solaris.  I'm using
> <sys/byteorder.h> instead which has similar functionality.
>
> The following patch adds a check for the header files and maps from the
> <byteswap.h> bswap_<N> functions to their <sys/byteorder.h>
> equivalents.  It allowed chrpath to build and pass make check.

Thank you.  I've applied this patch, after testing it on Debian
Wheezy.  Seem to work just fine. :) It should be included in the next
release.

> Running make install, I noticed that a couple of files get installed
> into $prefix/doc/chrpath-0.16.  Again, this seems to be a Linuxism;
> the contents of that directory is pretty much useless to almost
> everyone but developers.  Maybe you could add a way to make this
> optional?

It is not really a Linuxism, it is just me believing in installing the
documentation and other package details in the 'make install' target.
If you do not like this, you can redirect it to some other location
using 'make docdir=/some/where install'

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen