[CJKUnifonts-devel] Links in CJKUnifont project on freedesktop wiki don't work anymore

Cheng-Chia Tseng pswo10680 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 16:46:21 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Anyone who cares about open CJK fonts might have known that Adobe and
Google released open font project as Source Han Sans / Noto Sans CJK for
Heiti style.

I do believe open CJK font of Mingti / Sungti style still needs attention
and work to get better. I try to learn the tutorial on project wiki and
want to get involved in this project but in the end I found that all links
on the wiki which link to canonical site did not work anymore. Source file
and template file could not be downloaded.

Tutorial:
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/CJKUnifonts/Resources/Tutorial/

And I found that CJKUnifont project on freedesktop wiki did not update
since 2008/02/16. There is no further release either.

I tried to contact the project leader, Arne, about this issue and sent
several mails to him via the address provided on the wiki since Aug 23.
However, I don't receive any response until today.

So I would like to ask anyone who has the permission to update the wiki and
who have those latest files downloaded could help fix the content. This
might be the last method and chance we could come up with to make this
project alive again.

If we fail, that would be another big loss besides WenQuanYi project (there
is no further releases since 2009) in the history of open CJK font, and may
FLOSS community who use CJK font will memorize the gorgeous work which
CJKUnifonts project had achieved.