[CJKUnifonts-devel] Links in CJKUnifont project on freedesktop wiki don't work anymore

Cheng-Chia Tseng pswo10680 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 03:39:25 UTC 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Walter Cheuk <wwycheuk at gmail.com> wrote:
> (This is a re-set message)
>
> I know that Firefly's New Sung/New Kai are even better than
> UMing/UKai, but the problems are: 1. They are not publicly available,
> or hard to find now (opendesktop.org.tw is closed); 2. UMing/UKai are
> installed by default by many distros, including Ubuntu, but New
> Sung/New Kai are not.

After search for a while, I found packagers of magiea has packaged
odofont 1.6 into their repository.
ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/mageia/distrib/cauldron/x86_64/media/core/release/fonts-ttf-chinese-opendesktop-1.6.100-6.mga5.noarch.rpm

So New Kai might serve as a good start point for Kai style of free CJK fonts.

Cheers,
by Cheng-Chia Tseng