[Collab-maint-devel] Re: {SPAM} Re: Collaborative maintenance, time to work

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Mon Feb 6 23:16:16 UTC 2006

Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org> writes:

> I really want this new infrastructure to be as "real-time" as possible.
> This means that the source package would be regenerated after each commit.
> Of course, some kind of "delayed build" is needed to avoid rebuilding 3
> times in 5 minutes but the idea is to launch "update scripts" like this
> one directly via the VCS hooks (like those used to send diff by mail).

You could do a look in buildbot. It has a signal that is raised from
SVN using a simple script and it then run the unittest. It has a
timeframe that avoid to run if it has another commit in less then X
secounds and in this way avoid uneeded builds.

>> and generate the Sources file... And, of course, a machine to run this
>> tool and host the files is also needed... I'll see if I get some time to
>> write such a tool for pkg-perl (which is SVN, but I'm not sure if the
>> directory layout is the usual)...
>
> The machine can be alioth itself. Generating the sources packages only
> must not be so much time consuming.

Could be done automatically after a specific time without changes. In
that way, we won't waste machine power building sources if we'll do
another commit in next two minutes.

It should also run all avaible unittests to avoid to build unbuildable
source packages.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855