[Collab-maint-devel] Re: {SPAM} Re: Collaborative maintenance, time to work

Daniel Ruoso daniel at ruoso.com
Thu Feb 9 17:57:49 UTC 2006

Em Qui, 2006-02-09 às 15:46 -0200, Otavio Salvador escreveu:
> Daniel Ruoso <daniel at ruoso.com> writes:
> > Em Seg, 2006-02-06 às 21:16 -0200, Otavio Salvador escreveu:
> >> It should also run all avaible unittests to avoid to build unbuildable
> >> source packages.
> > That's why I suggested to export only tagged versions...
> But tagged versions will be released near so doesn't makes sense to
> have a snapshot repository at all.

Except if such practice causes the bump of new versions more frequently,
but only some of these would actually go to ftp-master... In fact, if
the version is untagged... 1) Which version name will be used? 2) Which
version of the VCS will be used? 3) Isn't it a problem to have 2
different releases with the same number (how can one know if it's the
same version he already have or not?)?

It's even possible that we create a practice of a different versioning
schema for non-official source releases like... x.x.x-y.z (where on
non-official releases, the ".z" part is added or increased until an
official release increases y and removes ".z"

daniel