[Collab-maint-devel] Re: GoogleSOC2007 - Collaborative Maintenance System Proposal Draft 1

Pavel 'Blaze' Vinogradov blaze.cs at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:19:24 CET 2007

2007/3/15, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog at debian.org>:
 Hello,

 > Project Details (2)
> >    This project focused on maintenance packages which includes external
> > contributions from non Debian Developers. It mostly be used for handling
> the
> > maintenance of orphaned/unmaintained packages (3), but meant to be used
> in
> I'm not so sure anymore that the handling of orphaned/unmaintained
> packages would be the major use case.

     I try answer on most you question and comments tomorrow, but want more
closely discuss on this moment.
     An my opinion this system will mostly usefully in this way:

1. Co-maintenance of packages in Debian repository which current maintainer
lose interest, but we have community which interest in live of this package.
(For example interest for me binkd -
http://packages.qa.debian.org/b/binkd.html)

2. Improve Debian mentioning, by giving environment for development and
testing package, not simply submitting ready for upload package.

3. Packages from derived distribution, which push some patches back for
inclusion in official repository.

4. Maybe in pkg-* project. But i have very small information about this
project and will see more closely on it.

  Therefore this project focused on improvement infrastructure for external
contribution and collaborate maintenance of Debian.

  I read most material about project evolution and see vary small activity
last time. But i see that some people use created svn repository for work on
packages. And i interested what other developers, included you think about
current purposes of this project?

--
Pavel 'Blaze' Vinogradov
Beginner Linux Developer