[cut-team] openSUSE experimenting with a rolling release

davi at gnu.org davi at gnu.org
Tue Dec 21 09:31:38 UTC 2010

Adnan Hodzic wrote:
> I'm 100% sure CUT will be mostly used by desktop users. It's a highly
> debatable topic, but I think today Debian Stable is actually rarely
> used on desktop, especially notebooks.

Well, I use Debian on desktop since more than 6 years ago, both at work and
home. Some of my friends use Debian in their desktop too, and also some
coworkers.  Anyway this is just a starting ball. Set target for 10 years more.

> > CUT is what Debian needs after Squeeze release.
>
> Definitely!

Yep. And it seems the experiment will not be too much expensive in human-
hours.

> > It is the time for CUT and openSUSE talking of it just proves it.
>
> Of course, only sad thing is that Debian could've been ahead of
> OpenSuse with this one long time ago :(

Debian was already ahead of openSUSE. Anyway that would be not a main point
IMHO. Final results are, and Debian has the value of democracy.