[cut-team] Debian stable + backports versus Debian testing CUT

davi at gnu.org davi at gnu.org
Wed Oct 6 11:01:19 UTC 2010

Rob wrote:
> In fact, I wonder if this whole "constantly usable testing" effort would
> be better off focusing on backports for stable instead.

I do not think so.

"Constantly Usable Testing" is something completely different to what stable
with even more backports would be.  That is because of testing is completely
different to stable, as it includes all the updated software not only a per
cent which backports would provide.

I think Constantly Usable Testing (CUT) is the best Debian move since some
time ago. And it is easy to work out. It just need the analysis and planning
which is being already done in this mailing list and others, and work out
without any hurry.

When it be ready it will be great.