[cut-team] Daily wheezy snapshot installation media now available

Adnan Hodzic adnan at foolcontrol.org
Tue Feb 8 12:22:24 UTC 2011

> I'm now running a cronjob to create daily wheezy snapshot installation
> media.  The the media will be available at [0], and snapshots for the
> last couple days are already up there.  Note that this is highly
> automated, I've only spot checked one of the images to make sure it
> fully succeeds through an installation.

*thumbs up

> This really isn't a user-oriented solution, so at some point there will
> need to be a discussion on selection criteria to determine which media
> should be available for general consumption.

My general idea for determining media was after "big" things have been
rolled into testing, for example new kernel, udev, or even new
Chromium version for that matter. After that kind of things, "cut"
would be made.

> My thought was to
> simply use the first image from the month (after a couple days of
> testing to make sure its in pretty good shape), but I'm of course open
> to other perspectives.

I'm not sure if you tried to say the same thing, but I would make it
available for general public after ~<= month "cut" has been made, and
has been tested.

Testing time of the "cut" should be measure by how many "cuts" do you
want until the "final" release.

Adnan