[cut-team] Using the CUT ftp server

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Sat Feb 26 23:19:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 01:53:38PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Honestly, I don't want to see your experiment endorsed as something
> officially done under the CUT umbrella.
>
> Your point of views are at odds with what many people think/want here.

AOL.

So, Michael, by all means go ahead with your experiment (and thanks for
it!), but please refrain from calling it "Debian CUT" for the time
being.

I share Raphael's impression that your views are at odds with those of
most of the other participants on this list, who include the people who
started Debian CUT. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing, but I think
those people have the right to choose what to use the name "Debian CUT"
for and when. IMHO, this is so no matter what the current status quo is.

Just my 0.02€,
Cheers.