[cut-team] Draft announcement for CUT 2011.03 release candidate 1

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Feb 28 15:15:15 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Montag, 28. Februar 2011, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > - do not use the wording "unoffical release" but rather "personal
> > research project".
> Doesn't the last paragraph of the current draft sufficiently address
> this? Also, I'm not using the terms unofficial and release
> back-to-back anywhere in the current draft either.

If the current draft is the only one I've seen posted here by you
(<AANLkTing+PDMNUS=2k9Scp=MpYsX63aY_b7jct68GknK at mail.gmail.com>), then I'd
say no.

And, there, you indeed do not use the words "unofficial" and "release"
directly together, but "unofficial Debian monthly testing snapshot release
candidate" is close enough. (Are you playing words on me here?)

And having a disclaimer in the last and _eightth_ paragraph will make
sure "nobody" will notice and there will be confusion. It's an important part
of the message and should be presented at the beginning!

> My plan has always been to only send this message to -devel, so I've
> already got this one covered :)

Still, please follow Tolimars advice and offer.

Thanks,
	Holger