[cut-team] Draft announcement for CUT 2011.03 release candidate 1

Michael Gilbert michael.s.gilbert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 15:41:42 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:
> And, there, you indeed do not use the words "unofficial" and "release"
> directly together, but "unofficial Debian monthly testing snapshot release
> candidate" is close enough. (Are you playing words on me here?)

Not intentionally.  You had quoted the two together, which seemed to
intimate that written together they had some kind of larger
significance.  Anyway, isn't the important thing that the unofficial
nature is made clear, which I think I've achieved?  I'm open to
concrete alternative wording though, I just don't want to spend a lot
of time trying to address vague critiques.

> And having a disclaimer in the last and _eightth_ paragraph will make
> sure "nobody" will notice and there will be confusion. It's an important part
> of the message and should be presented at the beginning!

I think its better to have the informative stuff up front so people
actually understand what the discussion is actually about.  Starting
with a disclaimer is just ugly.  If there is confusion, which won't
necessarily a bad thing anyway, then that paragraph can simply be
pointed out.

>> My plan has always been to only send this message to -devel, so I've
>> already got this one covered :)
>
> Still, please follow Tolimars advice and offer.

His advice is that I not do anything until discussion is resolved.
The discussion here is actually sufficiently resolved, so I'm ready to
go.  Please let me try this, and we'll see where things go.  Let the
virtues of meritocracy shine through.

Best wishes,
Mike