[cut-team] Increasing visibility/officialness of snapshots

Michael Gilbert mgilbert at debian.org
Thu Jul 12 20:29:35 UTC 2012

Hi all,

So, I've been generating monthly snapshot media for a while now, which
apparently satisfy the needs of a certain subset of users.  I myself
use these when installing new testing or unstable instances and find
them a more reliable resource versus the standard d-i nightlies (and
they never go out of date as testing moves forward), but then again I
admit that I'm a bit biased.

So, anyway I've been thinking about where to go from here.  I could
send a message to d-d-a describing progress and status of the effort.
I could write an article for LWN with the same sort of goal.  But
really long-term, I would like to try to make these officially
available on cdimage.debian.org, and have appropriate info on the
debian.org website, and be among the d-i options on:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer

So, any thoughts?

Best wishes,
Mike