[D-community-offtopic] I sure am glad that Debian != Ubuntu

Celejar celejar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 01:49:10 UTC 2012

"Why are you telling Amazon what I am searching for?

We are not telling Amazon what you are searching for. Your anonymity is
preserved because we handle the query on your behalf. Don’t trust us?
Erm, we have root. You do trust us with your data already. You trust us
not to screw up on your machine with every update. You trust Debian,
and you trust a large swathe of the open source community. And most
importantly, you trust us to address it when, being human, we err."

http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/1182
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2012/10/privacy-ubuntu-1210-amazon-ads-and-data-leaks

Celejar