[D-community-offtopic] Joke# 25

Chris Bannister cbannister at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Dec 30 02:19:51 UTC 2013

Here's a joke that was told by someone from the Soviet Union.
It's the fiftieth anniversary of some important organisational work that
Lenin had performed in Switzerland, so the Central Committee decides to
commission a painting on the subject. They summon a famous Soviet
painter and ask him if he'll take the job. He replies, "Yes, but it will
take me six months of uninterrupted work. No-one can see the painting
until it's finished. In six months I'll bring you a masterpiece." The
Party leadership agrees.
Six months later the painter returns. He sets up a painting covered with
cloth, turns to them and announces,
"Comrades, I give you... "Lenin In Zurich"!" He whips off the cloth.
The painting shows two people in bed together, easily recognisable as
Krupskaya, Lenin's wife, and Trotsky.
The Party leaders don't know what to make of it. Finally, one of them
asks, "What is it supposed to be?".
The painter replies, "This takes place in Lenin and Krupskaya's
apartment in Vienna."
The exasperated beauracrat asks, "So where the hell is Lenin?"
And the painter, getting red faced with anger, says, "Lenin's in
Zurich!"

oppressing." --- Malcolm X