[D-community-offtopic] The more, the better - Was: LightWorks for Linux Demo @ [LAU]

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sun Mar 17 17:14:23 UTC 2013

On Sunday 17 March 2013 12:22:57 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sun, 2013-03-17 at 12:01 -0400, drew Roberts wrote:
> > On Sunday 17 March 2013 05:51:55 Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > we all know, the more expensive, the better
> >
> > Fantastic, this must be one of the best books ever then:
> >
> > http://www.lulu.com/shop/drew-roberts/sayings-deterred-bahamian-novel/pap
> >erback/product-592889.html
>
> Seemingly and it's not OT, since we talked about the addiction to salt,
> see page 4, "I like you. You smell salty, like the ocean".
>
> And it does include worldly wisdom, that could help people, also from
> Linux lists, e.g. on page 5, "It's better to humour a fool than to be
> plagued by him".
>
> So perhaps one of the best, if not the very best book. OTOH I don't
> trust that the quality of the book is really good. There's a very
> inexpensive version available, for 1,28 €.

Well, to be honest, you can get a copy without paying:

http://sayingsnovel.blogspot.com/

However, using the logic that expensive things are better, it is obvious that
the Libre version that is avaibable gratis is basically worthless, the Libre,
non-gratis digital pdf version that is available for $1.69 is worth a little
something but the Libre paperback that costs $999,999.99 is a fantastic book
indeed.

I tired to price the paperback at a million dollars but lulu would not let me
go that high. It would have been an even better book if their platform or
policy did not mess it up that little bit.

all the best,

drew