[D-community-offtopic] OT: stupid use of resources Was Re: grub efi does not find windows

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue Feb 4 12:23:17 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 12:04 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 10:14 +0100, berenger.morel at neutralite.org wrote:
> > Foxes are animals which kills a lot for nothing.
>
> I'm not a zoologist, but I suspect those less intelligent animals do not
> kill for nothing. They need to kill, even if they aren't hungry, to
> learn how to hunt and once they've learned it, they need to preserve
> their abilities, IOW it's needed training to survive. AFAIK only more
> intelligent animals tend to kill just for entertainment, IOW dolphins
> and humans and perhaps a few others, likely some apes, but for sure not
> all apes. The problem, it's even unproven that killing just for fun or
> by idiotic wars is unneeded. It might be a function of nature to keep
> balance. Note, the earth is overpopulated and people unable to become
> pregnant anyway could become pregnant by in vitro fertilization. So the
> first step to keep balance is that nature makes people gay or steril.
> Than some human idiots come with artificial insemination to make gays
> and steril people pregnant. IOW nature needs to find another way to
> prevent us against overpopulation, e.g. diseases, war, killing just for
> fun.

JFTR even artificial insemination might be useful and the foxes perhaps
kill more as they need to prevent the world against too much population
of rodents. That small animals like rats might tend to overpopulation
might be good too, they perhaps will preserve live, if an asteroid would
kill all other animals. IOW we don't know what's needed and whats
unneeded, we only have theories about evolution, about what is good and
what is bad and we might not be stupid, but our points of view might be
wrong, because we perhaps have a task that makes us unable to understand
the wohle thing. We should be careful with trusting our assumptions.