[D-community-offtopic] Windows rapidly approaching desktop usability

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Jan 17 06:19:03 UTC 2014

PS: I won an iPad, all that wiping and dabbing is less comfortable, than
using a keyboard and mouse. Gestures could be done by using a mouse too,
nobody want to do it, right? It's just crap for consumers, to sell
expensive gear that is completely unstable. No Linux, no Windows XP,
Windows 98 SE did, does, will ever crash that often as an iPad does.

So my question is: What is a desktop environment, a computer that
doesn't suck?

I have the impression that the OP expects a magic wand.

Don't watch Harry Potter films, better watch The Seventh Seal, Bad Day
at Black Rock etc. pp. reality isn't a strawberry field.